Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Counting With M&M's

For this counting M&M’s activity, I put dots on each cupcake wrapper. The kids are supposed to match the correct number of M&M’s to the same number of dots. Some of the dots are a little more like squiggly lines because of the marker I had, but I tried to make the dots as clear as possible. To start off with, they are in order from 1 to 12 and could be rearranged later for something more challenging. I counted out the exact number of M&M’s in the bowl so they know if they get it wrong, they can check their work. It’s a simple and inexpensive math activity. To make it apart of a Valentines theme, you can use conversation hearts or multiple kinds of red colored candies.




2 comments:

  1. Love it! That's what I needed to do when we did our M&Ms sort last week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read them all and I appreciate each one. I often reply to comments so feel free to check back for a response.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates